It's time to find out where I've been for the past month!
I admit it, it's been a while, but I've been in transition lately! But we're finally settling down and I'm ready to get back on track!
Five on Friday
1. I love to cook! I know I've said that before, but this time it's different. And let me tell you, my friends...it's been so wonderful cooking in a huge kitchen! Well, huge compared to the boat. Here's what's been on our menu the past couple of weeks, Bistec a la Florentine, Chicken with Artichokes and Feta, Mustard Glazed Roast Beef, Ribeye Steak with Mashed Potatoes. Now don't you want to come over to our house for dinner! You know your welcome to!
2. I'm totally hooked on lace knitting! I keep telling myself that I have to switch to a different project on larger needles, just to save my hands. But I can't help it! I just love knitting lace shawls! So far, since Christmas, I've created 6 lace shawls!
3. I am becoming a plant lady! I know, its odd, but I now understand the wonders of indoor plants, not just a garden outside. And I'm loving it. "Look babe, we can buy a Myers Lemon tree and put it right there" I said to my Faithful Sherpa, pointing to a bare spot in the living room. "Hum, really?" he says rolling his eyes!
4. I love the snow. I know, everyone says its because it's new to me, but I still love the snow. I love sitting inside, watching thru the window as it gently falls. Or watching big fat flakes illuminated by the lights, falling at night. Yup, I'm even starting to get used to sliding in the truck as we drive! I can get used to this!
5. I need a shopping fix every now and then. Even though there's few stores in town, there's still plenty of places to go shopping. Why just today, at lunch time, I walked over to our local thrift store and found the greatest top! And I get to go yarn shopping any time I want to...in my own stash! No longer do I grab whatever balls of yarn I can grab, stuffing them into a bag and bringing them with me to the boat. I can go up to my stash at any time now! Yippee!!!
This Week in Review
We have finally settled into our new home. It took a while, but we're there. In fact it was a plant that finally cinched the idea for me.
I have a garden,..outside. We have a whole sprinkler system for the garden. Well, really it's a bunch of hoses hooked together with sprinkler heads here and there. But it's a sprinkler system still the same! But I've never owned indoor plants, simply for the fact that we can't have a sprinkler system indoors!
But then, as I was sitting in my leather chair looking over at the other side of the living room, realized that I could have an indoor plant if I wanted to because I'll be home all the time to water it! And for some strange reason, I just started crying.
"And if I want" I said thru the tears "I could grow mint plants for our vegan Thai rolls" I said sobbing.
What's wrong with me! Why am I crying!
But then I realized, we've been talking about moving to the house for so long, and it's finally here. We packed up our things and moved. It's something that will take a long time before it finally becomes habit.
But for now, I'll just enjoying the newness of our change.