My friends, it's Friday! The weekend is almost here! But before you start whooping it up, here is my Five on Friday post! Because I know you can't live without this information!
Five on Friday
1. I hate it when I get off my routine! I went rogue earlier this week and it wasn't pretty. I ended up double booking things when I had already taken care of them. And it's never good when you get a phone call that says "Um. . .Eva. . .I just received an email from another hotel saying 'I hope you enjoyed your stay' when I stayed at a completely different hotel." Dang it! I've really gotta remember to stay within the confines of my routines. Or else, you never know what I'm going to do!
2. I so excited for Spring! I've been watching a new show on Netflix, "Big Dreams, Small Spaces" with England's top gardener Monty Don. And it has got me itchin to get in the garden and dig around in the dirt!
3. I get Stage fright. One time I won an award at my company. The acceptance event was held during my companies Board of Director meeting. So, when they called my name, I walked up to the stage, accepted the award and said "Thank you, thank you so much. It's always nice to hear wondering things about your work." Then turned around and walked back to my seat. I was so nervous about this and even more nervous after I sat back down. I just don't know how people can get up there in front of a crowd they don't know and talk away about something! Now, why am I mentioning this? Well, I'm thinking of teaching a class, at my office, on "Mother Nature as your Muse," and discussing color. It's making me nervous just thinking about doing this, but I'll be among friends, right. It'll be ok. Deep breath!
4. I love it when creativity hits! Earlier this week I finished blocking a new shawl. Well, it's not really a shawl, but kind of one, but kind of a poncho. See, I love the wool, I love the creamy white of the nature fiber. But now that I've finished knitting and blocking it, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it! I fiddled with the product for a couple of nights, trying it one way, then turning it inside out and trying it another. Then last night, while talking on the phone with my Faithful Sherpa, it dawned on me what I could do. "Babe, I have to go," I said as he was mid sentence talking about oiling the teak inside the boat. "Now?" "Yes, I have to go now" and hung up. I couldn't help it. I had to follow thru with the thought I had on how to finish the shawl! And let me tell you, it's now perfect! I just love it when those creative thoughts pop in and you can't do anything else but follow thru with them!
5. Non-Thinking Knitting, sometimes you've just gotta do it! Although I didn't want to switch gears with my knitting, I started to get a little worried about inventory for upcoming shows. So I've switched gears and started knitting infinity scarves, cowls and hats. And for me those items, especially infinity scarves, are my non-thinking items. "Look at her go" Jane said last night at knit night. "She doesn't even have to look while she's knitting!"
This Week in Review
I love the snow. I never thought I'd live in an area where it snows, but now that I'm here, I love it. It's so peaceful, clean, quiet.
I love watching the snow fall. It's so soothing, especially when it's paired with good music in the background!
Lately, I've been watching a new Netflix show Monty Don's "Big Dreams, Small Spaces" and it's made me really want spring to arrive!
I can't wait for those mornings when I can get out in the garden early, before work, and deadhead flowers. Or even just wander thru checking to see what's bloomed overnight, and what is coming up.
So for now, I'll enjoy the melting snow, and dream of what the garden will look like in May.